work with us to support working parents
why work for us?
Because many of us are taking time off from school, learning remotely, or unable to participate in our usual extracurriculars, we have a lot more flexibility in our schedules. We hope that you, like us, feel committed to doing something constructive and meaningful with this time, particularly for those being impacted disproportionately by the pandemic. This job allows you to directly support working mothers and their children, many of whom have been excluded by prohibitively expensive alternatives. The hours are flexible and your schedule will be designed to accommodate your existing commitments.
what the job looks like:
For now, the job is all virtual.
1. We want to make sure that the care we provide to children effectively meets their and their parents' needs. For that reason, you will go through a brief interview process so that we can get to know you.
2. We will match you with a family based on availability and timing.
3. Once paired, we will facilitate a discussion between you and the parent you're matched with to asses fit. This conversation will be an opportunity to set and align expectations with one another and schedule your preliminary sessions.
4. Assuming the pairing is appropriate, you will then begin your sessions! You'll have the freedom to design your own sessions. You'll also have access to a shared drive where our college students can share helpful resources, lesson plans, and best practices, so we're building community and supporting one another.
5. You can choose to either be compensated at a rate of $15/hr or to work with us as a volunteer, which we very much appreciate as we grow our organization.
how to get involved:
Please fill out this form if you would like to be involved. We look forward to working with you!